Monday 4 May 2015

the best of things

Ceramic by G Warne

Ceramic by G Warne front view

Ceramic by G Warne
Oh my. Love, love, LOVE the handpainted ceramics of Georgina Warne. Just look at that swallow backed ewe and the butterfly covered hare. These are truly beautiful pieces of art and Georgina's work is influenced by nature writers like Robert Macfarlane, Roger Deakin and Richard Mabey- writers much admired in this house.  I love pottery and ceramics in all forms, perhaps because they translate so easily into daily life. Having a favourite hand-thrown cup or bowl or plate is something that brings pleasure with every use. And I can't imagine the pleasure that would come from having one of Georgina's wonderful ceramics to gaze at **sigh**
Ceramic dog by G Warne

Ceramic by G Warne
My Pinterest page here has lots more favourite pottery and ceramics if you'd like to take a look and go to Georgina's website for more of her ceramics, drawings and prints.

2 comments:

  1. Love indeed - I want to thankyou for introducing me to Georgina's work - it is heavenly and I'm off to explore her website. I'll visit your Pinterest boards too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer. Her work is rather lovely, isn't it?

      Delete