Wednesday 20 May 2015

cloudy with a chance of...


Really there's very little doing here. The days have their routine and it rarely changes. There's work and school and home and dog walking and all those other mundane (essential) parts of life. Sometimes I wish things would pep up, just a bit, but mostly I like life just as it is. Dark clouds and all.
We seem to be having an unbelievably cold, wet and windy May. But apparently some chap in New Zealand has said it'll be alright and next month will be better. You could sniff at the thought of the chap in New Zealand predicting the weather but I'm thinking I could do worse than a) believe it and b) get a hold of The Walker's Guide to Outdoor Clues and Signs by Tristan Gooley and find out for myself what my local environment is trying to tell me. But even I know what those big black clouds mean....

2 comments:

  1. I think someone definitely needs to tell mother nature we are now almost in June and some better weather would be most welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Although today has been milder and dry, so fingers crossed!

      Delete