Monday 31 December 2012

For some, a New Year starts with the overhanging threat of Resolutions, horrid things designed to induce guilt when the inevitable happens and you fail to lose weight or stop drinking or get fit or do the hundred-and-one other things we somehow think are a fitting way to begin afresh. I will be trying the following

  • each day eat good, home-made, thoughtful food, but maybe just a little less of it than before
  • eat less meat and more vegetables and raw foods
  • drink a glass of wine, especially in the company of my loved ones
  • enjoy the fact that we live among beautiful softly rounded hills which, if walked up and down, are better than any gym
  • do one small act of kindness a day
  • re-connect with friends I haven't seen or spoken to in a while
  • read more good books & poems and feel no pressure to read the best-sellers just because everyone else has
  • write more letters, especially ones of thanks and love
  • buy at least one painting or thing of beauty that will be cherished every time I see it
  • be thankful for what I have-my husband and boys, our friends, family, home, food on the table and warm fireside, curtains to close against the dark and cold, the thump of wagging tails and doggy breath
  • think more about what I say, especially before I criticise others 
I think if I achieve even a little of the above 2013 will be a good year! Happy New Year to you!


This lovely lady is by Jenny Meilihove and she pretty much sums me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment