Monday 16 June 2014

clunk...thud...

that's the sound of falling in love
Having read a gorgeous interview with Philippa Stanton over on Littlegreenshed I fell head over heels for her scrubbed kitchen table, her flowers, her compositions and her philosophy. She says on her blog by way of explanation
"I paint, and photograph flowers, my table and tea...My photographs often sum up an inner feeling, which I can't put into words or explain in any other erudite way: The Table still life compositions are a sort of visual haiku or poem, which give people the space to think their own thoughts and which also inspire them to take a moment, sit and look, really look, at details and spaces, in particular details of plants and textures..."

Follow her on Instagram or go to her blog and let yourself, your soul be soothed.


No comments:

Post a Comment